Rob Farley

Rob Rob Farley has been consulting in IT since completing a Computer Science degree with first class honours in 1997. Before moving to Adelaide, he worked in consultancies in Melbourne and London. He runs the development department in one of Australia's leading IT firms, as well as doing database application consultancy and training. He heads up the Adelaide SQL Server User Group, and holds several Microsoft certifications.

Rob has been involved with Microsoft technologies for most of his career, but has also done significant work with Oracle and Unix systems. His preferred database is SQL Server and his preferred language is C#. Recently he has been involved with Microsoft Learning in the US, creating and reviewing new content for the next generation of Microsoft exams.

Over the years, Rob's clients have included BP Oil, OneLink Transit, Accenture, Avanade, Australian Electorial Commission, the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, the Royal Borough of Kingston, Help The Aged, Unisys, Department of Treasury and Finance (Vic), National Mutual, the Bible Society and others.

Did you mean to come here? My blog is now at http://msmvps.com/blogs/robfarley



16 March 2006

Arsenal game

Oh, I shouldn't do this... The idea (of course, it hasn't all been confirmed yet, but anyway...) of going to Seattle in just over a week's time has got me thinking. It might be just as easy (and just as cheap) to fly back home via London, taking a stopover there to break up the trip, see my grandparents, and perhaps drop in to Highbury to see Arsenal play Aston Villa.

I know the guy who runs the arsenal.com website, and of course I do a podcast about the club (although I'm off the air while Optus fix my phone), so really I should be able to get pressbox tickets, and interview a few players, etc...

I'm getting ahead of myself of course, but it's nice to dream. :)